Synchronised swimming combines the disciplines of swimming, gymnastics and dance into one, amazing, challenging sport.
Along with being a great way to stay fit and active, there are many benefits to synchronised swimming including:
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Encourages self confidence & resilience
- Teaches self discipline and positive attitude.
- Helps athletes to develop the ability to deal with success and failure
- Develops social skills and learning to work as a team
- Teaches the importance of community
If you can swim and are confident in the water – you can be a synchronised swimmer!
In WA, we have classes for all age groups, from beginners to adult ‘masters’
…and it’s no longer just for girls. In 2015, world aquatics governing body FINA added a mixed duet event to the schedule for the World Championships in Kazan, Russia. With pressure now on to enable men to compete in Synchro at Olympic level.
Typically, swimmers will start synchro around the age of 6 or 7 by joining one of the many ‘Recreational’ classes around WA and progress as their skills develop.