SynchroWA offers a Synchronised Swimming Australia (SSAI) Level 1 Coaching Course for anyone who wishes to become a Synchronised Swimming Coach.
The course is designed to provide you with the skills and techniques necessary to instruct a beginner level Synchronised Swimming class.
Participants are not required to have completed any other training programs as a pre-requisite for enrolling in the Level 1 coaching training program and no practical experience is necessary. However, to reach accreditation at the end of the course, participants must:
- Be financial members of Synchronised Swimming Australia (SSAI) or hold a current coaching insurance cover. (Note: As an accredited Coach, SynchroWA covers your SSAI registration fee.)
- Have successfully completed a recognized cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) course.
- Have read the Synchronised Swimming Australia (SSAI) Coach’s Code of Ethics Policy and have signed the Synchronised Swimming Australia (SSAI) Coaches Code of Ethics Agreement Form.
- Be 16 years of age on completion of all the Level 1 requirements to be eligible for accreditation.
- Have completed the ASC online “Beginning Coaching General Principles”. Please access ausport.gov.au, to register and follow the instructions.
What the Level 1 Course allows you to teach:
- Basic Synchronised Swimming Strokes
- Basic Stretching and Land Components
- Beginner Sculling Techniques
- Basic Positions and Transitions in the Water
- Basic Routine Choreography
This course is provided at NO COST to the participants as SynchroWA wishes to expand the knowledge of Synchronised Swimming in Western Australia.
If you are interested and want to know more, please click the link below…