ASAI Child Safe Sport Framework
Synchro WA is committed to upholding Artistic Swimming Australia’s core values to create a safe, fair and inclusive environment for everyone associated with artistic swimming in Western Australia. All of us have a role to play in ensuring that we keep our proud sport as safe and enjoyable as possible.
As an affiliated member of Artistic Swimming Australia Incorporated, Synchro WA has a legal, moral and mission-driven responsibility to:
- Protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, bullying, harassment, discrimination and exploitation.
- Create and maintain a child-safe culture that is understood, endorsed and put into action by all the individuals who work for, volunteer, govern and access artistic swimming programs, products or services.
- Acknowledge that protecting children is everyone’s business.
Child Safe Sport Framework
The Artistic Swimming Child Safe Sport Framework is a comprehensive policy and procedures document that details our shared responsibilities for protecting children and members’ welfare.
The ASAI Safe Sport Framework has been broken down into the following different components and provides a suite of policy documents and guidance to protect children and young people in our sport:
- Child Safe Sport Commitment Statement which demonstrates our commitment to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people
- A code of conduct which guides the expected behaviours of everyone in our sport towards children and young people.
- A recruitment policy to ensure everyone (staff or volunteers) involved in our sport are safe to children and young people.
- An induction and training policy that ensures staff and volunteers continuously apply child-safe best practice in our sport.
- A reporting policy to ensure staff and volunteers are confident in knowing what to report and who to report it to. For the senior management and board, the responsibility is to apply a risk management approach to ensure the appropriate risk controls are in place.
Child Safety Wellbeing Resources and Links
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Child Safe Sport.
- Responding to Incidents, Disclosures and Suspicions of Child Abuse.
- ASAI – Code of Conduct for dealing with children or young people.
- Recruitment Steps – Checklist.
- New Staff Screening – Reference Checklist.
- New Employee Checklist.
Additional Resources and Links