SynchroWA’s AquaStART or SynchroStART Instructor Course
The AquaStART and SynchroStART Instructor workshop is for instructors teaching SynchroWA’s participation non competitive programs.
To learn more about becoming an instructor contact SynchroWA’s Development Officer
Artistic Swimming Australia’s Level One Artistic Swimming Coaching Course
Artistic Swimming Australia Inc. organises online coach accreditation courses during the year. The course is also known as the Level 1 Artistic Swimming coaching course and is accredited under the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) and held for two x 3 hour online meetings over weekends.
1. Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Facilitate the learning of basic level synchro skills
- Plan and conduct basic level training sessions
- Choreograph and facilitate the learning of introductory level routines
- Be an effective synchronised swimming coach
- There are no pre-requisites nor experience necessary to enrol in the course.
- If interested to attend, please contact Artistic Swimming Australia here.
3. Course Participation
Prior to participating in the program, participants must:
- Be financial members of Artistic Swimming Australia or hold current Coaching Insurance cover
- Have read and signed the Coach’s Code of Ethics Agreement Form
- Have to fill out the Needs analysis questionnaire
4. Practical Assessment
- To be run by the state/clubs
5. Receiving the Full Accreditation
In order to achieve full accreditation, within three months of attending the course coaches must:
- Complete all required assessment tasks
- Be 16 years of age
- Complete the ASC online “Community Coaching General Principles” course
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Child Safe Protection Certificate
- Complete Hypoxia online training
- Practical Assessment – To be run by the state/clubs. Assessment will be done locally by senior coaches/state coordinators. The coach will need to submit an assessment checklist.
- Complete 10 hours of supervised practical coaching.